When creating a new billable metric, you can define dimensions that will be used to group events according to their properties.
For example, if you want to charge your customers for compute capacity according to the cloud provider and server region, you can create a <text-code>compute<text-code> billable metric with two dimensions (learn more).
Changes to the API include:
- Ability to add a <text-code>group<text-code> parameter with one or two dimensions when creating or updating billable metrics;
- Ability to retrieve the groups associated with a billable metric;
- Ability to add a <text-code>group_properties<text-code> parameter when creating or updating a plan;
- Ability to retrieve customer usage by group; and
- New <text-code>lago_group_id<text-code> for fees (see invoice object).